Skip to main content

Corporation Counsel

Mission Statement: Corporation Counsel represents the city in all lawsuits and provides legal advice to the Mayor, Board of Aldermen, other city boards, city departments, and public officials.


If you are in need of Legal Aid, please contact:
Connecticut Legal Services
85 Central Ave.
Waterbury, CT 06702
Phone: (203) 756-8074

Divorce: If you have questions about divorce matters, contact the state Superior Court at (203) 591-3300.
Small Claims: Issues related to small claims can be directed to (203) 591-3320.
Tenant/landlord dispute matters can be brought to the Housing Session at (203) 591-3310.