Protecting children and families from the dangers of lead-based paints is our priority. The Waterbury Lead and Healthy Homes Program offers funding assistance to abate lead-based paint hazards and eliminate other housing-related hazards.
Applicants who qualify may receive the following:
- Financial assistance (UP to $10,400 per housing unit).
- A comprehensive Lead risk assessment.
- Relocation assistance if necessary.
- Lead hazard educational materials for owners and renters.
To be eligible homes must be:
- Located in Waterbury
- Built before 1978 and current on property tax, mortgage and insurance
- Occupied by or suitable for a child under age 6
- Within HUD regional income requirements for tenants and owner-occupants
- For more detail, please see the Healthy Homes brochure and the Pre-Application kit listed below.
Contact: Program Manager Francis Ford 203-574-6786
Renovations by the Waterbury Lead and Healthy Homes Program
Visit our YouTube page for more information and see some of the work we have done in the past!
Listing files in 'Healthy Homes'