NOTE: The feed token below allows users to view all live news feeds [up to the "Count" number] before having to view the archived version.
12/16/2020 - Important Announcement 12/16/20
- Emergency Operating Center (EOC), 3-1-1:
- The City of Waterbury’s Emergency Operation Center (EOC) is open and staffed 24 hours a day. Individuals, who have questions and/or need any help in regards to the snowstorm or COVID, are encouraged to call the EOC at 3-1-1.
- Senior citizens in need of special assistance are encouraged to call 3-1-1 for help with: Prescription pick up and/or drop off, emergency transportation, supplemental food drop off, etc.
- Transportation services will be made available to any first responders that need assistance getting to work due to the weather and are encouraged to call 3-1-1 for help.
- Residents that need assistance with shoveling the entrance of their driveway can call 3-1-1 for assistance. Please note, we ask for and appreciate your patience as we try to get to everyone.
- City of Waterbury Parking Ban:
- Due to the impending winter storm, a parking ban will go into effect beginning Wednesday 12/16/20 at 3PM.
- In addition to all currently posted “Snow Zones” there will be NO Parking on the ODD numbered side of all City streets. Residents are encouraged to use their residential driveways in lieu of parking on the street.
- Vehicles parked in snow zones or the ODD numbered side of streets may be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Updates will be posted on the City website www.waterburyct.org.
- Shovel Brigade:
- The Waterbury Police Activity League has activated its “shovel brigade” to help elderly and disabled residents dig out of the snow. If you would like to be added to shovel list, please call 311 to give your name and address.
- Due to an overwhelming need to continue services for the homeless and those who are experience housing instability, CHD’s Hospitality Center in Waterbury, CT, at 690 East Main Street, will be open overnight as a warming center.
- Next Update:
- Mayor O’Leary will be checking in tomorrow (12/17/20) around 10am for a City update.