New permitting forms for Facility, Equipment and Use of Parks can be found online. The permitting process for athletic fields remains the same. Please select the proper form for your event and follow the instructions within the application.
Park Usage Application, Special Events Under 200 People
Park Usage Application, Special Events Over 200 People
PARK RULES AND REGULATIONS
CANCELLATIONS - Please notify the Bureau of Parks at (203) 574-6793 if you have to cancel your event for any reason and to check to make sure your scheduled Rain Date is still open.
DAMAGE / CLEAN UP - Any damage or cleanup to the park shelter or fields is the responsibility of the Applicant, organization, or responsible party (hereinafter referred to as the Applicant). The Applicant will be charged a $200.00 deposit damage/cleanup fee, refundable if the park is left in a clean and orderly fashion. If no, the fee will be applied to any cost to repair or clean the park. Note: If damage is done in excess of the fee then additional costs may be incurred. The Applicant will not be allowed use of the park or facilities in the future if any of the rules/regulations outlined in this application are violated.
INDEMNIFICATION - The Applicant agrees to waive, release, absolve, indemnify and to hold harmless the City of Waterbury Department of Public Works Bureau of Park, its officials, employees from and against any and all claims, suits, actions, damages and/or causes of action arising during the term of this approved usage, for any personal injury, loss of life, and the liability incurred in and about any such claims the investigation thereof of the defense of any action process brought thereon and against any orders and/or judgement that may be entered therein.
DECORATING - No ladders can be brought in to decorate. Confetti is not allowed. The use of glue nails, tacks, screws, staples or other fasteners that may scratch or otherwise damage surfaces of any building or shelter are prohibited. You may use tape, but decorations must be taken down before you leave. The use of chalk on any surface is prohibited. Decorating is only allowed during your rental time. Picnic tables inside any park gazebos or shelters must stay inside and are not to be removed from the site. You may bring additional folding tables and chairs if needed.
ELECTRICITY / WATER - Some park gazebos or shelters are equipped with electricity which may be used with prior approval. Water is available in some parks through water bubblers only.
RESTROOMS - Some parks are equipped with restrooms. If so, please not that those facilities are only open during the hours of daylight unless prior approval is granted.
GAZEBOS - Gazebos in City of Waterbury parks that have them are not reserved but are there for residents to use on a first come/first served basis. With the exception of Brass Mills Stone House, Lakewood, and Bucks Hills which are given out in four (4) hour increments.
GRILLS - Portable grills are permitted, but may not be located underneath any gazebo or shelter. No fires except in grills designated for that purpose. Fires should not be left unattended. No person shall leave any park facility without first having completely extinguished any fire. Portable fire pits are prohibited. Propane grills are allowed with special permission only.
PARKING - Parking areas and speed limits are to be observed. Handicapped parking areas are posted. Only vehicles marked with handicapped permits are allowed in these spaces. Unlicensed vehicles are prohibited including, but not limited to go-carts, mini-bikes, and ATV's. Parks close at dusk. No overnight parking is allowed, violators will be towed. No parking, operation, or traveling of vehicles or equipment is allowed, or or over any grassed areas of a park, park facility, or park area.
PETS - All pets must be kept on a leash. Please be considerate and clean up after your pets.
SALES OR CHARGING ADMISSION FEES - No person shall vend, shell or offer for sale any food, beverage, or other commodity within any park to the public without authorization from the Board of Park Commissioners with a recommendation from the Supervisor of Parks. Individuals or groups acquiring such authorization are responsible for obtaining all necessary permits or licenses from the City of Waterbury Health Department and must be displayed at all times.
SMOKING, GLASS, ALCOHOL, FIREARMS, FIREWORKS, AND PROFANITY - The following is prohibited in all city parks:
- Smoking is restricted to the parking areas of all City parks and the non-building areas of City golf courses
- Glass bottles
- Disorderly conduct will not be tolerated. This includes using loud and abusive language, breaking limbs of tress, and damaging property
TENTS - Tents must be unstaked due to irrigation lines. No stakes are to be driven into the ground for any reason without prior approval by park personnel.
MUSIC - The City of Waterbury noise ordinance must be followed in all areas of the park. Music must not be played at a volume that could disturb other park guests or neighbors located near the park. Music with profanities will not be tolerated. Live bands and DJ's require a Special Event Permit.
- Facilities are to be used for approved purposes only. The City of Waterbury reserves the right to inspect the premises and facilities at all times to ensure proper usage.
- Upon receiving the reservation confirmation, please observe the date, time and location indicated. If any discrepancies noted, please contact the Bureau of Parks immediately. The organization must have their reservation confirmation in their possession on the day of the reservation.
- Transfer of the scheduled permission to use the park to another use other than the Applicant, for use on the reserved day, is not allowed. The Applicant, organization, and the contact person, or his or her designee, must be on-site for the duration of the event.
- City owned parks are patrolled by the City of Waterbury Police Department. Dial 911 for any emergency situation. For non-emergency situations, please contact Police Dispatch at 203-574-6911.
- All provisions of the City of Waterbury Ordinances governing the public use of grounds shall apply. These Ordinances are available online for review at www.waterburyct.org.
- Accidents, injuries, and/or damage to park property are to be reported to the Bureau of Parks immediately or as early as possible the next business day.
- No food trucks, vendor's vehicles or motorized vehicles are allowed on any park property without the Bureau of Parks permission.
- Any anticipated street closures on the day of the event, Applicant must first obtain a City of Waterbury Right of Way Street Use Permit. Applications can be found online, or picked up at the Engineering Department, 185 South Main Street, 5th floor, telephone # 203-574-6820. The completed Street Use Permit will then be sent to the Waterbury Police Department for review and approval. This special Right of Way Street Use Permit is mandatory. Please contact Lt. Robert Maxwell of the Police Department, telephone # 203-574-6936 with any questions.
- Rental of the City of Waterbury portable band stand is available at $30.00 per hour. This includes one City of Waterbury employee for set-up and breakdown and one (1) dozen folding chairs. Additional folding chairs are available for rental at $25.00 per dozen.
- The City of Waterbury portable sound system is also available for rent at a flat fee of $50.00
POLICE ENFORCEMENT OF PARK RULES AND REGULATIONS - All Park Usage Events shall be subject to monitoring and enforcement of all Park Rules and Regulations by the Waterbury Police Department. Strict compliance shall be enforced.