May 15, 2023 through June 2, 2023
Medical, Pharmacy, & Dental
Opt Out Provision
Open enrollment is for everyone. Choosing health insurance is one of the most important choices you can make to help protect the health and well-being of you and your family. During this time, please evaluate your current benefits and review the benefits offered to you through your union.
Changes to consider:
- Joining a plan – Complete an Enrollment/Waive/Change form, eligibility affidavit, and provide photocopies of identifying documentation (marriage certificate, birth certificates, etc. if applicable)
- Add or Cancel family members – Complete an Enrollment/Waive/Change form. For adding family members: complete an eligibility affidavit, and provide photocopies of identifying documentation (marriage certificate, birth certificates, etc.) in addition to the Enrollment/Waive/Change form.
- Cancel your coverage – Complete an Enrollment/Waive/Change form
- Change plans (Health or Dental) – Complete an Enrollment/Waive/Change form
Changes by Union:
- Premiums are increasing on the health plans by 3%
- *New* Voluntary Comprehensive Vision Plan offered to all benefit eligible employees
- All Vision benefits will be serviced by EyeMed (previously VSP) effective 7/1/2023
Fire - Co-share moving to 18% by the employee.
Nurses (12 Month) / Nurse Supervisors – Deductions moving to 26 pay periods starting September 1,2023.
SAW - Co-share moving to 23% by the employee. Deductions moving to 26 pay periods starting September 1,2023.
UPSEU 68 – Co-pay changes to OAP plan.
WTA – Co-share moving to 20% by the employee. Deductions moving to 26 pay periods starting September 1,2023.
Changes listed above and any changes you make are effective July 1, 2023 unless you are in the BOE as a 10 month employee, Teacher (WTA), School Administrator (SAW), or Nurse Supervisor; your changes would be effective September 1, 2023.
If you are covered by the City and do not wish to make changes to your Medical or Dental coverage, you do not need to do anything but check the rates as well as review who is on your plan. Be sure you only have eligible dependents enrolled.
However, if you wish to continue in/enroll in the Opt Out Provision, than you must send in the appropriate documents during open enrollment.
Newly Added Education Sessions:
Please select your union from the drop-down menu below to review your available plan options, plan changes, and plan descriptions. All forms necessary for making changes are available. Materials will also be available to pick up in our office.
Listing files in 'Healthcare (Medical, Dental, Rx, Vision) '
The content intended to be displayed here does not exist.