FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 1st, 2020
Important Announcement Regarding the 5/11/2020 Special Meeting of the
Board of Aldermen and the regularly scheduled Board of Aldermen Meeting
In an effort to adhere to social distancing guidelines, and promote the safety of our residents, the Board of Aldermen’s special meeting related to budget discussions with department heads (May 11th, 2020 at 4:30 PM), the public hearing related to the sale of property at 750 Baldwin Street (May 11th, 2020 at 6:55 PM), and the regularly scheduled Board of Aldermen meeting (May 11th, 2020 at 7:00 PM ) will be held without normal in-person public access. This decision came after Mayor O’Leary ordered the partial closing of Waterbury City Hall, the Chase Municipal Building, and the Jefferson Square Office Building effective Monday, March 23rd in response to the coronavirus.
To ensure that the general public has the ability to view, listen, and participate in Monday’s special meeting related to budget discussions with department heads, the public hearing related to the sale of property at 750 Baldwin Street, and the regular Board of Aldermen meeting, a number of measures have been put in place:
- Monday’s special meeting, public hearing, and regularly scheduled meeting will be broadcast live on the City of Waterbury’s Government Access Channel (Comcast Channel 96; Frontier Channel 6096).
- Individuals interested in providing comment during the public hearing or the public speaking portion of the May 11th Board of Aldermen meeting are invited to call (203) 597-3477. ***There is no public speaking during the special meeting related***
- Beginning at 6:30 PM, the city’s Information Technology staff will compile a chronological list of callers who would like to provide comments.
- Those callers will be asked for their name, address, and phone number.
- City Information Technology staff will call back residents when it is their turn to provide comment.
Background: Governor Lamont suspended “In-Person Open Meeting Requirements” when he signed Executive Order #7B. To read Executive Order #7B, please click here.