Waterbury’s Municipal Historian
City Hall designed by Cass Gilbert stands on Grand Street and was dedicated in 1915.
The old City Hall built on West Main Street in 1865 & burned down by Bernard Murray in 1912.
A view of West Main St. on the south side of the Waterbury Green around 1900 (old City Hall can be seen).
Crosby High School when it opened at the corner of Maple Street and East Main Street in 1896. It was originally called Waterbury High School and was renamed in 1897 when Superintendent of Schools Minot Sherman Crosby passed away. It stood where the Waterbury Police Department now stands.